Chin Yui Yat Sang (Theme song from the movie "The Killer" (1989) directed by John Woo) - Sally Yeh
If dogs could speak...
Saturday, August 20, 2005
 
Come back!
Maybe it's the fact that housing prices have gone up so much in the last few years and everyone wants to cash out. Maybe it's my WMD killer tomato that has people scared. Or maybe it's just me, scratching myself in inappropriate places in front of the house when I thought no one was looking. But all of a sudden, all of my neighbors have moved away.

It started in late March when my neighbor to the left sold her house because she was relocating to a new place across the Bay. Then the couple in front sold when they retired to the Central Valley where things are so much cheaper than here. And finally last month the folks to the right who have always kept the worst dump in the neighborhood quite unexpectedly decided to renovate -- they installed double-paned windows and a wood floor, redid the landscaping both front and back, and put on a fresh coat of paint. Within days of completion, the For Sale sign went up and last week the house sold.


House to the left, and house to the right

I have met some of the new neighbors and they seemed nice enough, but now I am worried. I feel like the last holdout in a deserted town. Is the housing bubble going to burst soon? Is the next Big Earthquake coming? Or is a toxic waste stream going to erupt from the underground?

And the most important question: Would you like to buy my house? It has new windows and a new gazebo. Even the neighbors are brand new.

Comments:
We would love to move to California, but don't think we can afford the housing prices.
 
Buy your house? No. Now, there are some spiffy places up here you might like . . .
 
Maybe it's the sweet smell of your fart!
 
Connecticut,
We can't afford it either. We just borrow and try to pay back in the next life.

John,
Only if I can bring my weather with me. I hear they confiscate the sun at the Alaskan border.

Anonymous,
I'm glad *somebody" appreciates it.
 
Thank you Brook. I don't mind cats. We have a name for them: "Breakfast."
 
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Back to Top