Chin Yui Yat Sang (Theme song from the movie "The Killer" (1989) directed by John Woo) - Sally Yeh
If dogs could speak...
Thursday, November 24, 2005
 
Happy Glutton
Last weekend Takeru "The Tsunami" Kobayashi won the 2005 Krystal Square Off World Hamburger Eating Championship in Chattanooga, Tennessee by chowing down 67 burgers in just eight minutes. If you'll recall, he is the skinny Japanese dude who's won a string of well-known eating contests, including five consecutive annual Nathan's hot dog eating events, and a steamed dumpling and pork bun feast in Hong Kong this past August.

What sets the Krystal contest apart is that it was not a one- or two-day battle, but the culmination of 11 regional qualifying events that took place throughout the country this fall, so the 15 participants had to eat the same type of hamburgers over and over many times before even getting to the finals. This time, the outcome was not a guaranteed win for Kobayashi like it usually is. Rookie eater Joey Chestnut from San Jose was ahead of Kobayashi through most of the contest, at one point leading by six burgers, but faltered in the last minute and eventually lost by five. "Kobayashi is, without a doubt, the greatest eater ever to live upon planet Earth," said David Baer of the International Federation of Competitive Eating which sanctions more than 80 championships every year. The Tsunami took home the top prize of $10,000 in cash and, I hope, 50 cases of Alka Seltzer.

On a related note, today is Thanksgiving in the US. Whether you plan to have 67 hamburgers or 20 lbs of turkey, I wish you $10,000 worth of happiness with family and friends, including all the dogs (and maybe cats) you love. I already know where my money is going. As is my annual practice, I am turning on the house heat this morning. Everyone will gather around the furnace as we light the pilot, and watch the flame spread around the burner. There will be plenty of oohs and aahs and it will be exciting, just like Black Friday morning at Walmart.

Comments:
Woofwoof, you write the nicest stories. That brought a tear to my eyes. I hope you and your family have a happy holiday. And your dogs get the biggest doggie bones that ever existed.
 
Happy Turkey Day.
 
I bet Kobyashi didn't save room for pumpkin pie!
 
Rusko,
But I am sure he supersized his fries.
 
Kia Ora (Hello) Woofwoof, You are so good they named you twice (hehe)From a krazy blogger down under in New Zealand. How do you get all the names listed down the right-side ? There is a "female" woof whose blog you may like to check out. Email me if you want, take care. Take bog. oooppps, great blog.
 
Hi WoofWoof,

I'm Indy! I am so happy to meet another Husky blogger! Do you mind if I add you to my blogroll? We can blogroll each other!
 
Kelvin,
Hello. I went on your blog -- or should I say "Blogs" -- How can anyone write that much? Yes I am interested in all woofs.

To get those names listed down the right side (or left side since you are in NZ), you have to edit the blog template. It's a lot easier to do than explain. Click on the "Blogger" symbol, then "Blogger Help" then "Template Tags" then "Template Walkthrough". The instructions are in the section called "Sidebar". I think it will become obvious once you experiment with it.

Indy,
Nice meeting you. I am surprised how many "cyberian" huskies there are on the net. Please go ahead with the blogroll. I have to learn how it's done first.
 
Hi WooWoof,
I added you to my blogroll. It's easy, just go to www.blogrolling.com and you can sign up for a blogroll for free! If you want to be added to the Dog Blog (I have it on my site), leave a message on Same the Black German Shepherd's blog and his mommy can add you to the Dog Blogroll.
 
Indy,
Thanks. I'll work on the Blogroll and Dogblog later today.
 
Dang, that's been the case for me - food at every place we stopped. My friends draw the line after about forty burgers, though.
 
John,
You should go to the Toilet restaurant. Greatly speeds up the digestion cycle.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Back to Top