Chin Yui Yat Sang (Theme song from the movie "The Killer" (1989) directed by John Woo) - Sally Yeh
If dogs could speak...
Thursday, October 13, 2005
 
Short Circuit
I was at Circuit City last Saturday to pick up a Cinderella DVD for the kids. The cashier was a young twenty-something gal. I was still thinking about the new cell phones that were on display when she rang up my purchase, and she unexpectedly blurted out, "Do you want protection?" I was stunned. That was certainly unusual. I know sometimes electronics stores try to diversify, but this was quite a stretch.

I looked at the cashier again, trying my best not to stare, and confirmed that she was quite nice-looking after all. But all I could manage was a weak "Excuse me?" She repeated slowly, "Do you want pro-tec-tion?" So my ears were not deceiving me. I was the only person in line at the time, but this was almost too embarassing. Before I could run away with wild dreams or say another word, she asked again, "Do you want scratch protection?" I was thinking, it really didn't have to hurt, I mean, there were ways... But then she explained that Circuit City was offering a DVD scratch protection option through which, for a few dollars more, you could buy scratch insurance for your DVD. If it ever got scratched and became unplayable, you could exchange the bad disc for a brand new one.

My memory is vague now, and I am sure she said a whole lot more, but the words no longer registered. Another failed episode of my love life. Ever so close, and yet no score. I did go home with Cinderella, but in many ways she just didn't compare to Circuit City Girl.

Comments:
I am speechless.
 
Hehe, you win some and you lose some.
 
She wants you dude. Go back there and buy an X-rated movie and see what she says.
 
You men! Only one thing on your mind :p
 
woof,
this relationship will lead only to bankruptcy. Stay away, she only wants you for your money, and your ability to sign up for extended warrenties.
 
Steven,
This was Circuit City, It was a surprise they sell anything above G. No chance you will find anything X-rated there.

John,
I wouldn't mind a "free return anytime, no questions asked" policy.
 
Ask for the free trial, money back guarantee option.
 
Wow, just wow.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Back to Top