Chin Yui Yat Sang (Theme song from the movie "The Killer" (1989) directed by John Woo) - Sally Yeh
If dogs could speak...
Saturday, September 10, 2005
 
Senior bling-bling
Japanese phone company AU has just introduced three phone models targeted at senior citizens. The phones offer a simple design with fewer functions, large keys and large display characters on the screen -- in fact, one model eliminates the screen entirely for simplicity. Two of the phones come with bult-in one-touch cameras to take pictures of the grandkids. Click on the picture to the left to make the phones even larger.

I think that's a clever idea since senior citizens form a very large and important market segment in Japan. And the phones don't look half-bad, even if they bear a striking resemblance to some older phones about ten years ago. The only thing that seems to be missing is a permanently blinking left-turn light. And I'm going to hell for writing that.

Comments:
hopefully the calender feature on the phone will remind nana when to send the birthday 10 bucks!
 
No Christmas present for you, for making fun of grannies.
 
Bad dog, bad dog. No dessert for you.

PS. Left turn signal. That's funny.
 
I like that blue one. I don't see anythere there that screams "senior" to me, but I like the color.
 
Man, I cannot see my dad using that . . . he is so unmechanical that can openers give him a hard time.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Back to Top