Chin Yui Yat Sang (Theme song from the movie "The Killer" (1989) directed by John Woo) - Sally Yeh
If dogs could speak...
Thursday, August 25, 2005
 
Highway robbery
Last Friday the owner of a gas station in Fort Wayne. Alabama, was killed when he tried to stop a customer from driving away without paying for the gas. He apparently grabbed onto the vehicle when it sped away across the parking lot, but fell and was run over by the vehicle's rear wheel. The suspect was a male in his 20s or 30s, driving a late-model SUV/ The amount of gas taken: $52.05. I suppose that it was bound to happen sooner or later, but it's sad nevertheless to see some people willing to buy new, large vehicles, but yet refusing to pay what it takes to drive them.

On a related note, I passed by a Chevron station on my way home today, and there was a large banner, "New, low prices" stretched in front. Just like that. I looked again, and regular was $2.89 and premium was $3.19. I couldn't afford those low prices and drove down the street to an Arco station where prices were indeed lower, only $2.71 for regular. I paid $30, but the tank was only 3/4 full. Officially there was no robbery reported but as I got back into the car, I couldn't help thinking that one had just occurred.

Comments:
Woof,
They charge extra 'cause the gas was newer.
 
Well yes, somebody has to pay for that new banner.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Back to Top