Chin Yui Yat Sang (Theme song from the movie "The Killer" (1989) directed by John Woo) - Sally Yeh
If dogs could speak...
Saturday, August 13, 2005
 
Decision decision
Part of my log-in routine at home is to check email for my daily dose of Calvin and Hobbes from uComics (a cartoon-a-day email), and check the Amazon web page. Amazon has this feature called Gold Box in which they offer ten items each day at an extra discount, and you have 60 minutes to buy them or lose the discount. On most days, their offerings are not all that interesting, usually some jewelry or barbeque knickknacks, but lately it seems that they customize their recommendations based on your purchasing or browsing history. I usually get hooked about every other week and end up ordering something I didn't know I needed.

Today, one of the Gold Box items is The Complete Collection of Calvin and Hobbes. This is a compilation of all Calvin cartoons that were ever published, a massive hernia-inducing (almost 50 lbs!) set that includes three hardcover volumes in a nice, sturdy slipcase. It has a list price of $150, and the best pre-order price I've seen is around $95. My Gold Box discount today is an extra 10%; coupled with the A9 search bonus (1.6%), it comes out to less than $84 with free shipping. This was an indulgence that I have been thinking about already, and now with this special price, it's awfully hard to resist.

I have, let's see, 23 minutes left to decide. Should I pee on Calvin?

Comments:
Calvin and Hobbes . . . pure evil genius. That's a tough one . . . free shipping?
 
At that price? Definitely buy it. If you don't, can you transfer the discount to me?
 
Buy it. The free shipping alone is worth it. We bought the Far Side Collection and were so happy we did.
 
Anonymous,
I would have been happy to do so, but I don't think we have been properly introduced. I am sure you have a first name?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Back to Top