Chin Yui Yat Sang (Theme song from the movie "The Killer" (1989) directed by John Woo) - Sally Yeh
If dogs could speak...
Sunday, June 19, 2005
 
You can't read this
Only in Japan does competition get so fierce to make everything smaller. I certainly understand the desire to shrink computer chips and electronic gadgets like cameras and cell phones, but pens? Yes, pens that can write the thinnest lines. The current record holder is Mitsubishi, which released 0.18-mm ball point pens in January.

Mitsubishi and Pilot have been leapfrogging each other for the last two years. For most of 2004, Pilot claimed to have the sharpest pens at 0.25 mm that could write 36 kanji characters in a space the size of a fingernail. Until now. The picture below shows the new Mitsubishi pen spelling the word "rice" on a single grain of rice. I am glad we eat hamburgers instead of rice. And I bet I can write an entire haiku on a Big Mac too.



Comments:
See, I have this problem with haiku, I just end up counting syllables. No art in that. But I write small, so I love pens with that kind of precision.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Back to Top