Chin Yui Yat Sang (Theme song from the movie "The Killer" (1989) directed by John Woo) - Sally Yeh
If dogs could speak...
Wednesday, May 04, 2005
 
Screw the pharaohs and their (food) pyramids
I was late for lunch today and had only a few minutes to grab food before my next meeting. Instead of the usual salad, I picked up a slice of some kind of ham pizza, adorned with a few chunks of pineapple and rings of sweet peppers to make it a balanced meal. It was my first taste of pizza since it seems like forever. I ran to the meeting and lo and behold, there were leftover Togo's sandwiches from a previous meeting; I couldn't pass up such good food, especially since it was free. So for lunch today, I had both the pizza and a big cut of ham and cheese sandwich, and washed it all down with a can of Pepsi, non-diet.

I scaled back my dinner to just a yogurt and an apple, and with much trepidation, entered everything into the food log sheet. Well, I was 50% over on sodium, 10% over on calories, 30% under on vegetables, and surprisingly, 20% under on meat and beans. That was probably right; there wasn't that much ham on the pizza and in the sandwich. But, ham or no ham, I did feel like a royal pig today. Fat and happy.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Back to Top