Chin Yui Yat Sang (Theme song from the movie "The Killer" (1989) directed by John Woo) - Sally Yeh
If dogs could speak...
Tuesday, May 17, 2005
 
Cheap calories
I was at Safeway today to get milk, and over by the meat freezer, there was a display of cool-looking plastic pails. I took a closer look, and they turned out to be tubs of lard, made by the Armour company. I could hardly believe my eyes. I thought we had plenty of disgusting food already like Velveeta, Spam and hot dogs, but at least they were disguised as something vaguely edible. Not here. These rows upon rows of buckets of processed pig fat in bold green and white lettering were meant to be in your face, nothing subtle about it. By the way, you might want to hurry; they are on sale this week.


Comments:
Yeah, I was looking at a jar of Crisco once (going to make a cake) and did bad math and figured that there were 100,000 calories in a can. Only 10,000. My bad.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Back to Top