Chin Yui Yat Sang (Theme song from the movie "The Killer" (1989) directed by John Woo) - Sally Yeh
If dogs could speak...
Sunday, April 24, 2005
 
Osama the Terrorist
I was traveling this past week. It's become routine and I don't think much of it, but it's surprising how much the 9/11 attack has changed air travel, probably forever. For me it is now automatic: picture ID and air ticket ready before entering the gate; keys, change, pager, cell phone in the carry-on bag, laptop taken out from computer case and loaded into a separate plastic tray; and shoes removed even if they are only sneakers. I can complete the entire process in less than 10 minutes unless the line is unusually long at rush hours. It's almost sad that we have to get used to this, but I don't see these things ever changing even if the terror alert level drops below yellow. I guess Bert will be around for a while (see sidebar).
Comments:
My personal fav is when I see an eighty-year old woman or a three year old getting the full inspection treatment. Seems like they get it more often than others - guess they don't fly as much.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Back to Top