Chin Yui Yat Sang (Theme song from the movie "The Killer" (1989) directed by John Woo) - Sally Yeh
If dogs could speak...
Saturday, April 23, 2005
 
The new diet
I followed the new food pyramid today. For lunch I had 2 Morningstar Farms meatless hamburger patties on whole wheat bread. The burgers took only 2 minutes to heat up in the microwave and smelled greasy and flavorful just like real burgers. They turned out totally delicious, not dry or flaky like the soy burgers I was used to. Nutrition data (per patty): 170 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated, no trans fat), no cholesterol, 2g fiber, 16g protein.

I even added a sweet potato with skin and a glass of fat-free milk for good measure. Quite reasonable for a Saturday lunch. I wasn't as hungry afterwards as I thought I might be. It was a good start, and I feel pretty confident that I can stick to this new regimen without too much effort.


Comments:
See, now there should be an Alaska pyramid - or even a Denali, consisting entirely of meat. Maybe beer, too.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Back to Top