Chin Yui Yat Sang (Theme song from the movie "The Killer" (1989) directed by John Woo) - Sally Yeh
If dogs could speak...
Wednesday, April 06, 2005
 
I shouldn't have gone to work
Today was just one of those days when nothing went right. The more I did or looked at things, the more they seemed to need fixing. But the ultimate bummer happened in the cafeteria. To be fair, they have tried hard to make the food better and more interesting. There was the dim sum style food on Chinese New Year's Day, and the occasional buy-one-fruit-get-one-free special. And although I didn't ask for it (I swear) they stopped playing the YMCA song on Friday at breakfast. Of course, it was quickly replaced by Julio Iglesias which right away made me long for a return of the Village People, but that's another story.

Then today at lunch, there was a big sign at the entrance: Special of the Day! Grilled Cheese! Just like that, not a word more. I mean, how bad can things be when a simple grilled cheese gets so much fanfare and attention? I didn't get one but looking back now, perhaps I should have. It probably would have been the special of my day.

I think Calvin understands me. Click on the picture for a larger view.


I borrowed the terror alert level idea (see sidebar above to the right) from http://movingnorth.blogspot.com/. A very cool blog (or totally cold blog, since it's about Alaska). It should be required reading for everyone above 3 years old.
Comments:
now, I'm blushing! Love your stuff. Good point, when a grilled cheese is special, it makes mediocrity seem so . . . pointless.
 
Yesterday's special was hot dogs. That's just as lame, but I love hot dogs. They give me that illusion of being at the ballpark while at work.
 
Plus anything that has to do with "dogs" is cool with me.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Back to Top