Chin Yui Yat Sang (Theme song from the movie "The Killer" (1989) directed by John Woo) - Sally Yeh
If dogs could speak...
Sunday, March 13, 2005
 
We are No. 1, we are No. 1
The NCAA men's basketball playoff brackets were just announced, and Washington got a somewhat surprising No. 1 seed in the Albuquerque regionals. Until yesterday there was some doubt whether they would get even a second seed, but they turned things around by beating Arizona for the Pac-10 tournament title. With an overall 28-5 record in a tough league, it's hard to say that they don't deserve it. This is really so cool.

A personal No. 1
I've been slowly increasing the intensity level on my exercise bike. In the past if I felt strong, I just raised the cadence, sometimes going higher than 90 or 100 rpm for short bursts just before the end. For the past few weeks, I just pushed the intensity higher while keeping a sustained 80 rpm for the final 4 minutes of the cycle. This gets me to the point of flat-out exhaustion such that I can hardly breathe after I stop, but it gives me a new high for the next 30 minutes or hour. It's really worth it. I scored 233 kcal today, which is the highest I've done since last June.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Back to Top