Chin Yui Yat Sang (Theme song from the movie "The Killer" (1989) directed by John Woo) - Sally Yeh
If dogs could speak...
Sunday, March 06, 2005
 
And they are off...
The Iditarod started yesterday. This is always a fun time for me as I use it to mark the end of winter and track my favorite dog teams. One of these days I should make a trip to Alaska to see it for myself. They typically travel the roughly 1000-mile course in less than 10 days, except for my buddies the Siberian Huskies that take 3 extra days to enjoy the scenery.

The weather is warmer in Alaska this year than usual, so I don't know how well the dogs will do. They usually prefer zero degree weather, but lately it's been in the 20-30s. And here I am freezing when it gets much below 50F.

My dog cartoon calendar has a new entry showing a pit crew at the International Sled Dog Race. There are 3 official-looking guys standing there, one holding a bowl of "husky chow", another with a brush and flea and tick sprayer, and the third with a fire hydrant. No pooper scooper though.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Back to Top