Chin Yui Yat Sang (Theme song from the movie "The Killer" (1989) directed by John Woo) - Sally Yeh
If dogs could speak...
Monday, February 21, 2005
 
Yesterday was a busy day. I was lazy and didn't start the yardwork until 2 pm, but then the rain didn't come until 8. I thought I would do just a bit of clean-up but since the weather stayed nice, I did the front yard, the backyard, the 2 side yards, the gutters, everything. Raked the leaves, mowed the lawn, trimmed the tree branches. For almost 6 hours I did, and the rain came on cue just as I was finishing up. I was beat by the end, but that made up for the last 4 weeks of no yardwork. Whew!

Sakura sakura sakura
I wasn't expecting it, but I went out for lunch with some friends yesterday, and on Mowry Avenue the cherry blossoms were in full bloom. I remember that usually in California they start in March and stay until the first rain, but February is mighty early. I hope they survived last night's storm. I think I'll break out the sake and write some haiku under the cherry tree. Or maybe not. Heh...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Back to Top