Chin Yui Yat Sang (Theme song from the movie "The Killer" (1989) directed by John Woo) - Sally Yeh
If dogs could speak...
Saturday, February 12, 2005
 
Soy wiener
No entry yesterday, so sue me.

I got a haircut yesterday after work, and the new girl was cute. She was chatty and talked about how she was working 6 days a week and still going to school and doing homework at night. Man, it's been a long time since I've done that. She was so apologetic at the end when she forgot to show me the mirror, but I just laughed. I've always wanted to see how they would react if I complained that the hair was too short, but she was nice so I didn't say it. I'll save that test for one of the guy haircutters but then who cares what his reaction is.

The other funny thing yesterday (yeah my life is boring) was that in the company cafeteria they were playing YMCA by the Village People at breakfast time when I went to get my coffee. The cook was cutting stuff and dancing to it, and every time they got to the "YMCA" part he would bop his head and punch the air. I almost hurled. I think this YMCA tradition started after they remodeled the cafe; every day of the week had a music theme, and Friday apparently was Village People day. I think I'll put in a recommendation that they replace the cook with the haircut girl, then it would make a whole lot more sense. I might even join the village.

Another funny pager conversation with John. The background was that he and I have been trading jokes about health diets. One time I saw him getting tofu for his lunch salad and promptly forwarded him an article that soy will raise his estrogen level and make his boobs bigger. So yesterday I got one of those pre-wrapped hot dogs for lunch. Of course as part of the balanced meal I also picked up two slices of tomato to go with the hot dog, and a salad thing on the side. I thought I was doing pretty good, but I didn't get past the cashier's line when the pager rang. His wife was also in the cafe and saw me with the hot dog. Busted!

John: hot dog? my role model has fallen. i'm so disappointed.
Me: tsk tsk. some people sure have a big mouth. or a big pager. and it's a soy dog.
John: soy dog? i would have gotten that had i known. my 'pects' feel small.
Me: a lot of things are small on you
John: go bite your wiener
Me: not flexible enough

I never got a reply after that. I think I won that round.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Back to Top