Chin Yui Yat Sang (Theme song from the movie "The Killer" (1989) directed by John Woo) - Sally Yeh
If dogs could speak...
Sunday, February 06, 2005
 
Nagabuchi, and a new beginning
Wow, my first blogger site. I wasn't really planning to start one, but I was doing a google search on Tsuyoshi Nagabuchi and found a Xanga link which got me thinking about starting my own. Interesting how things sometimes get started on the web.

Today is Superbowl Sunday. I like both teams that are playing today: the Eagles since I was living in South Jersey (Joisey) way back when; the only time I remember them doing well was back in 1982, I think, when they got whipped by Oakland in the big game. I can't say exactly why I like New England, maybe it's just the unpresumptious way they approach the game and conduct themselves in general.

I got up early again today at 6:30, and have been pretty much on the computer since, reading news and answering mail, while listening to Nagabuchi, which is how I got here. I was looking for a translation of the song Shabondama, but didn't find it. Well, at least I know what the title means now.

I also got on the exercise bike and did the usual 32 minutes. I was sweating like a pig (do pigs really sweat?), but it felt good afterwards. The pedometer didn't register though, so I am still at 4800 steps for the second day. I am not doing too well with the 10K/day goal, but that's not my fault when the pedometer sucks.

Comments:
I'm a big Nagabuchi fan too! I was at the all night concert back in August in Sakurajima and man it was awesome!

I sing his songs on karaoke all the time and have been thinking about translating his songs myself and posting them on the internet.

Keep on fighting, man!
 
Thanks for the comment. I have the Sakurajima CD, but it probably doesn't do justice to the concert. A Japanese friend told me how it took hours to get on the ferry for the island.

I did a quick browse of your blogger site just now. Many interesting stories that bring back memories of my days in Japan. We'll have to disagree on the karaoke though.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Back to Top