Chin Yui Yat Sang (Theme song from the movie "The Killer" (1989) directed by John Woo) - Sally Yeh
If dogs could speak...
Sunday, February 27, 2005
 
I just reset my pedometer for the week. I hit the 60K mark last week, aided by 2 walks around the lake on Monday (a holiday) and yesterday. I am thinking about doing another lake run today if it doesn't start raining soon.

Things are warming up. Cherry blossoms are out everywhere, and the Japanese maple trees in the yard are starting to bud. I might have to trim them back a bit. When I planted them several years ago, they looked at the time like they might be too small for the spots and I thought about adding a third one between them; they also had to fight for survival against the dogs that just loved to tear down new branches. Now they look simply awesome, perfectly aligned around the big rocks and the stone lantern.

I got an email from a friend in Japan whose son took the entrance examination to Todai last week; he now has to wait two more weeks for the results. It's amazing what trouble Japanese kids have to go through, first preparing a whole year for one exam, then having to wait 2 weeks for results. In the US, we get the results in a few days because questions are multiple-choices and computerized -- you don't have to write anything, just color the dots and go. No wonder we are so dumb :)

I also got an email from the Japan Yokoso tourist organization with a promo for Expo 2005 in Aichi prefecture. It looks like a cool event, basically a 6-month fair that features exhibits and events from many countries around the world. The bad thing is that there apparently isn't much publicity in this country -- this is the first time I've heard of it, and the news was hidden inside a travel survey. Now I'm wondering if I still have time to go.

There is something that gives off an electronic buzz in my computer room. But it's not the computer, and it doesn't appear to be the phone; maybe it's the radio but it's not on. I think I need another cup of coffee before the white van comes and gets me.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Back to Top